- ½ cup (125 g) tahini
- ½ cup (170 g) honey
- 1 large egg
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons pure almond extract
- 1½ cups (168 g) almond meal or flour (you can use unblanched or blanched; I used a mix of both)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Cool the cookies completely on their trays before removing.
- Bake until the cookies are golden on the bottom and set along the outside, but still look a touch doughy in the center, about 10 minutes, rotating the trays once.
- Use a 1 tablespoon-sized scoop to measure out the batter onto the cookie sheet, leaving about 1 inch between cookies. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
- Stir together the tahini, honey, egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract until smooth, then stir in the almond meal, salt, and baking soda until well combined. (The batter will thicken as you stir, but it will still be a soft, sticky batter; don’t be tempted to add more almond meal.) Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F; line 2 large baking trays with parchment paper or silpat liners.
- 1½ tablespoons sesame seeds, for topping