- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces Mexican chorizo, casing removed
- 5 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup Del Monte® Whole Kernel Sweet Gold and White Corn, drained
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish
- 1/4 cup tortilla strips, for garnish
For the lime vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar, or more to taste
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lime zest and juice, and sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chorizo and cook until dry and crisp, about 2 minutes, making sure to crumble the chorizo as it cooks; let cool.
- To assemble the salad, place romaine lettuce in a large bowl; top with chorizo, corn, black beans, tomato and cilantro. Pour the dressing on top of the salad and gently toss to combine. Stir in avocado.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cheese and tortilla strips, if desired.