- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/3 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup shelled edamame
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chow mein noodles, for serving
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, for serving
For the sesame vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together rice wine vinegar, garlic, sesame oil, sugar, ginger and soy sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine chicken, soy sauce, sesame oil and white pepper; marinate for at least 30 minutes, turning the bag occasionally.
- Add chicken and marinade to a baking dish. Place into oven and bake until cooked through and juices run clear, about 13-15 minutes. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces.
- To assemble the salad, place romaine lettuce in a large bowl; top with red cabbage, carrots, edamame, green onion and chicken. Pour sesame vinaigrette on top of the salad and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, topped with chow mein noodles and almonds, if desired.