- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup chow mein noodles, for serving
For the sesame vinaigrette
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together rice wine vinegar, garlic, sesame oil, sugar, ginger and soy sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, cabbage, bell pepper, carrots, corn, green onion and avocado. Stir in sesame vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately, topped with chow mein noodles, if desired.