Sweet Potato Custard (from 8-12months)
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (about 2 small)
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 2 Tbs packed brown sugar
- 2 beaten egg yolks (or a cup egg substitute)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Step 1: In a medium bowl, stir together sweet potato and banana. Add milk, blending well.
Step 2: Add brown sugar, egg yolks, and salt, mixing thoroughly.
Step 3: Spray a 1-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer sweet potato mixture to casserole dish.
Step 4: Combine raisins, sugar, and cinnamon; sprinkle over top of sweet potato mixture.
Step 5: Bake in a preheated 325º F oven for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.